Monday, September 14, 2009

Initial Reaction to the surveys

Regarding the first survey, I completely agree. I do believe that there is an after life and other spiritual ideals like that, however I do not believe that organized religion is necessary. I think spirituality is such a personal topic, that it can be explored without the need for a church or holy text.

With the second survey I was actually quite surprised. I hadn't heard of many of the religions the survey found me to be highest ranked with. Up until now, I hadn't really developed concrete ideals and views on my religion. In fact, I sort of brushed off the whole idea of religion because I wasn't quite sure what to think. This survey actually really made me say to myself "ok, what happens after we die? Is there a god?" However, when presented with the questions, I usually chose my answer right away. I fell in between two answers once or twice, but I found out that my views seemed to be clearly defined by this survey.

I was a little surprised with the results though! Once I read the descriptions, they seemed to mostly fit my views, however I had never heard of a Neo-Pagan or a Unitiarian Universalist. I figured the results would spit out something like Episcopalian, however I was pleasantly surprised to have been matched up with a view religions that might be considered unusual. I believe I do not fall concretely under one of my top three religions chosen, but I do possess qualities of all three. I really enjoyed taking this quiz and found the answers to be interesting. It also gave me a chance to learn about some new beliefs that have some good ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment